Your health needs will change throughout your life, and you will need health services that can change with them. Together, we can help you navigate the changes you will experience and help you stay healthy so that you can enjoy the exciting times in life.
In many ways women and men have similar health problems, like heart disease, but symptoms and effects can be different. Some diseases or conditions are more common in women, such as osteoarthritis, obesity and depression, and some are unique, like menopause and pregnancy.
Regardless of where you are at in life, remember to take care of yourself by:
- getting regular checkups and screenings (early detection is important);
- planning for pregnancies;
- exercising at least 30 minutes a day;
- getting seven to eight hours of sleep each night; and
- eating a healthy diet rich in veggies and fruits.
Related articles and tipsRecommended immunization and vaccination schedule (in PDF) - CDC website
Osteoarthritis Source: National Library of Medicine, womenshealth.gov